This position is based in Cape Town.
CapaCiTi is changing lives and building brighter futures for young people in South Africa. We are CiTi’s skills development arm, a Non-Profit Company organisation that has spent the last 21 years using technology and innovation to create a future-ready, inclusive society. Our mission is for CapaCiTi to be delivering technology interventions to digitally-marginalised people to catalyse economic opportunities in the digital economy. Although the past year has been the most challenging to date, we have grown and delivered greatness in our field, and it’s our intention to continue this growth trajectory across South Africa and into the continent.
The Acquisition and Development Manager will be responsible for a diverse team who contribute to the full lifecycle of candidates from attracting to alumni development and engagement. You will drive the correct use of a blended learning approach, mix of Digital skills, Career Critical Skills, Job Critical Skills in an authentic learning strategy to ensure candidates go from being unemployed to becoming employable. To achieve this, you will need to be innovative, creative and solutions focused as well as a resilient, efficient and influential leader, with strong emotional intelligence and collaborative work ethic. This is a key leadership position and we are therefore looking for an expert who is passionate and excited about youth development and education. You need to have a proven track record and experience in transitioning young people through a career journey.
In terms of key requirements for this position, your experience will include:
- 5+ years of related experience and at least 4 + years of managerial experience
- Proven track record transitioning young people through a career journey, gained in either a corporate, education or youth development environment
- Proven ability to identify, assess and develop the potential of young people
- Learning/Academic curriculum experience, advantageous
- Planning and organization of complex work
- Ability to create detailed talent development plans
- Monitoring and recording successes and provide constructive feedback to team members/reports/other parties
- Demonstrate a passion for imparting knowledge to others
- Excellent people management skills with previous experience of leading large and complex teams
- Facilitating large groups of people through learning interventions
- Share knowledge and experiences, while being able to appreciate differing beliefs, opinions, behavioral styles and habits
- Systems thinker with ability to work unsupervised and prioritise work
- Ability to build a team and undertake the support and supervision of staff
- Knowledge of the recruitment, training and general human resources functions desirable
- Workforce planning, forecasting, and developing appropriate resource plans for the recruiting function advantageous
- Strong conceptual thinking, analytical, and planning skills
- Excellent understanding of data, reporting and the ability to demonstrate progression against targets
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- NQF level 7 or higher qualification in Education or HR: Development related field or
- NQF level 8 in HR: Training & Development, Industrial Psychology, Education, or related field preferred
- Experience with unemployed youth or in an NPO environment preferred
Key responsibilities for this position will include:
- Design, oversee and implement the candidate acquisition and development strategy from recruitment to 18 months post training.
- Oversee the creation and implementation of structured candidate communications, training touch points and conduct monitoring and evaluation.
- Analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions, and implement required actions.
- Define, track, and analyze metrics to monitor and improve candidate performance, interventions, and development and ensure that they are utilized by the team.
- Stay informed of legislation, trends, and innovative techniques to recommend and implement to work hand in hand with the Accreditation Manager and define the accreditation scope.
- Provide guidance on competency based, behavioral and relevant interview techniques and success strategies to team to inform delivery to candidates.
- Lead, oversee and support candidate managers and technical delivery team, ensuring they understand the content and can deliver it effectively.
- Provide content expertise on career counseling and career development sessions and career services programmes.
- Derive insights from candidate reports, statistics, feedback, and development to develop improvements plans and development strategies as required.
- Create and manage the programme delivery schedule including job critical skills content to ensure all areas are covered by the candidate managers, in collaboration with the tech team.
- Encourage professional behaviours and technical skills development by challenging and/or encouraging candidate managers to deliver to a high standard and model required behaviours themselves.
- Ensure Candidate Managers and Tech team are using up to date and relevant coaching and mentoring strategies.
- Consolidate 360 feedback and surveys, ensuring continuous improvement of course content and candidate experience.
- Provide a monthly Candidate Wellness, Candidate Preparedness and Candidate Matching report and summary to Executive.
- Research and analyze current employment trends, recruitment strategies and gaps in various industries.
- Complete HR and company administrative tasks in relation to senior A&D team members including but not limited to regular reviews, feedback and performance management.
- Undertake any additional management tasks to ensure that the A&D team is exceeding their targets and performing at an optimal level.
- Design and oversee the coordination and accurate matching of candidates to opportunities presented by placement partners.
- Any other ad hoc duties assigned by management and or leadership.
Salary: R40,000 – R60,000 ctc per month (commensurate with experience)
- Motivate your application for this position and highlight your relevant experience for the role.
- Your CV should mention your educational and professional qualifications, your employment history showing the more significant positions, responsibilities held and relevant achievements.
- Forward your cv to: firstname.lastname@example.org – Subject: Acquisition and Development Manager
- CapaCiTi is an equal opportunity employer and all suitable applicants will be considered for employment. Preference will however be given to candidates who will enhance the diversity of the team and support the achievement of employment equity.
- We reserve the right to close the vacancy early if the right candidate is selected before this date.