The IIE’s Varsity College has a vacancy for a Career Centre Co-ordinator (CCC)
Reporting to: Head: Student Services
Qualification: Relevant 3 year Diploma or Degree in Human Resources or a related field
Experience: Minimum of 3 years Recruitment or Training and Development experience
Requirement: Drivers license and own reliable vehicle
Duties and Responsibilities:
Career Centre Marketing and Events
- Creates ongoing Career Centre awareness, through awareness campaigns, in-class visits, workshops, VC App notifications, e-mails, sms’s, WhatsApp groups and daily interaction with students.
- Ensures sufficient students and alumni have accessed and engaged with the Career Centre Platform by marketing the Career Centre Platform to students and Alumni.
- Uploads job opportunities onto the Career Centre job directory.
- Upskills, leads and empowers the Career Centre Ambassador team to market the Career Centre and its platform to the student body.
- Hosts career evenings / afternoon for final year students and alumni.
- Hosts part-time work expo for current students.
- Hosts a career fair for students and alumni.
- Hosts the Career Centre client appreciation breakfast for clients.
- Hosts the Graduate Employment Workshop (GEW) and VC Alumni Connect Evening for Alumni.
- Establishes and maintains relations with all clients.
- Ensures and enables clear and open communication between the clients and the Career Centre.
- Conducts regular meetings with clients.
- Ensures compliance to the corporate identity at all times.
- Attends and participates in networking forums resulting in the increased awareness of quality graduates.
- Identifies businesses to partner with and actively seeks job opportunities that are in-line with the qualifications we offer.
- Markets the brand and demonstrates the value of recruiting through the Career Centre.
Recruitment of Students and Alumni
- Receives requests from students or graduates from clients.
- Sends a job specification to clients to complete.
- Advertises the job on the campus in relation to the relevant target market.
- Uses different mediums to advertise jobs.
- Receives and screens student’s CVs.
- Obtains letters of recommendation from lecturers on suitable student candidates.
- Conducts one on one interviews with the potential students and sends CV’s to clients.
- Submits Curriculum Vitae’s (CV’s) to clients.
- Tracks applications by following up with clients on placements made
Preparation of Students for Work Readiness
- Advises students on Career Centre Platform offerings: interactive career tools, e-learning content and assessments.
- Guides and advises on CV, interview preparation and general career support.
- Offers one-on-one career consultations, assisting students in gaining self-awareness and work readiness skills in conjunction with the Career Centre Platform.
- Designs and presents a range of interactive workshops in relation to work readiness.
- Hosts work readiness workshops and showcases by inviting industry leaders to address students.
- Supports and collaborates with Heads of Schools and departments regarding events and workshops for ex. Law Careers Fair.
- Extends similar career support to alumni allowing them to take advantage of professional networks.
- Offers alumni the opportunity to reconnect with fellow students through networking functions, workshops and alumni reunions.
- Creates a platform for Alumni to give back to the brand and students either by providing graduate job opportunities, talks or providing mentorship to current students.
- Remains in contact with existing Alumni and track their success in industry.
- Advanced computer literacy essential
- Excellent administration, planning and time keeping skills
- Customer service orientation, high levels of energy and self motivation
- Highly effective communication and organisational skills
- Shown ability to manage work and self proactively
- Enjoy working, networking and building relationships with people
- Superior Presentation Skills
- Must be confident and outgoing
- Proven track record
- Must be approachable
Date Reviewed: 14 August 2020