The Cape Innovation & Technology Initiative is a Non-Profit Company (NPC) with a mission to build a future-proof, inclusive society through technology and innovation. CapaCiTi Tech Career Accelerator is the skills development division of CiTi. CapaCiTi’s vision is to enable inclusive growth of the digital economy by ensuring a supply pipeline of future fit skilled employees with relevant technical skills matched to industry demand. We do this through innovative training and experiential learning program that focus on both technical and professional development.
CapaCiTi Digital Career Accelerator
CapaCiTi offers a holistic training program that focusses on 3 key areas: Digital skills, Career Critical Skills, Job Critical Skills. We have campuses in Cape Town and Johannesburg and can accommodate c350 students at any one time. CapaCiTi programs create job opportunities for unemployed and previously disadvantaged youth by providing them with the relevant technical and professional development through blended learning programs on site at our campuses. We train c1000 youth a year across a range of courses including Broad Based Digital Skills, Python Programming, Java Programming, Systems Development and other bespoke programs.
Drive the candidate placement process, from identifying market demand, building relationships with host companies, managing matching and interview process, contracting and onboarding the candidates into their placement or permanent position.
- Build relationships with recruiters, hiring managers and HR departments at potential host companies
- Manage and develop a database of host companies, identifying demand for skills and feeding back to program and product development teams for future course planning and development
- Undertake targeted business development activity via a range of channels (phone, face to face, email marketing, social media, linked-in, etc.)
- Create events, marketing literature and other interventions to promote our candidates to potential employers
- Liaise with and meet companies regarding their requirements to better match relevant candidates to the identified opportunities
- Build positive relationships with candidates, candidate managers and mentors to better understand the candidate’s skills and match them to host companies and placement opportunities
- Develop relationships with existing customers, partners and their member firms, stakeholders and other networks to widen host company opportunities
- Plan, manage, monitor and direct placement interventions, working closely with the programme team to align activity to their project plans and the Operational Plan
- Actively share and communicate relevant information pertaining to the success and progress of placement activities with stakeholders and Exco (statistics, host organizations, interview: placement ratio, insights, performance against expected target, etc.)
- Conduct presentations on CapaCiTi for potential host companies and others as required
- Work with Recruitment Managers to support effective candidate selection activity for each intake in line with host company demand
- Manage the interview process where relevant on behalf of host companies, working closely with relevant hiring managers, HR partners, etc.
- Manage and control placement reporting, evidence collection and provide insight for project reports and success factors.
- Gather evidence in line with reporting requirements and obtain feedback on learner performance
- Control all administration processes relating to candidate placement
- Any other ad hoc duties assigned by management and or leadership
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, HR or related field desirable
- Ability to work independently with minimal managerial supervision
- Demonstrated experience and extensive understanding of Recruitment Management/Placement processes
- Evidence of innovative and creative solutions to placement of candidates in volume
- Detailed knowledge of the technical marketplace across South Africa
- Strong knowledge of recruitment and placement management tools, including Applicant Tracking Systems, Social Media, Online Advertising
- Proven Sales/Business Development skills in recruitment/placement activity
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in recruitment placement activities
- Understanding of selection and screening tools and techniques, including competency interviews, selection tests and assessment centers
- Able to create marketing/promotional materials such as mailers, newsletters, candidate brochures, etc.
- Able to seek out new opportunities, build strong relationships and liaise with a wide stakeholder audience from student to senior management
- Possess a high-level of resilience and able to work in a fast paced, high volume environment
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Strong planning skills and exceptional attention to detail
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of Reporting, information gathering and performance against targets
- A natural networker
- Seeks out opportunities
- Curious and investigative
- Excellent communication skills
- Solutions focused
- Builds strong relationships
- Helpful, friendly, approachable
- Great social skills
- Enthusiastic, optimistic
- Consistent, planned and excellent organization skills
Apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 February 2021. We reserve the right to close the vacancy early if the right candidate is selected before this date.